Alternative Behavior Center (ABC) is dedicated to empowering individuals with autism to achieve their own personal level of success through Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).Our focus is to apply behavior methods to build client’s skills and reduce problem behaviors leading to improved quality of life for each client and their family. We emphasize generalization, positive engagement, breaking down skills into small tasks, and increasing daily living and social skills that will help clients stay in their environment and thrive. We will accomplish this by targeting pivotal skills and assessing each individual’s motivation and interest thoroughly. Our service may not look like traditional services for younger children, we individualize services for clients and families based on their age and therapeutic history. We offer ABA as a lifelong therapeutic service because we believe that learning does not end for those with ASD and other developmental disabilities at a certain age. This provides the opportunity for those who continue to need support or were not able to receive early intervention to reach their full potential.. ABC strives to provide our clients with integrity, advocacy, and autonomy.
Applied Behavior Analysis
- Behavior assessment and design of behavior treatment plan
- Individualized, 1:1 ABA treatment provided in the child’s home, community, and clinical setting
- Comprehensive curriculum targeting the improvement of socialization, communication, self-help, play, academics and more
- Daily living skills
- Prerequisite vocational programming
- Techniques to reduce challenging behaviors
- Parent training and participation in behavior intervention methods
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beacon Health
Some questions to ask you insurance provider:
- Do I have outpatient behavioral health benefits?
- If I have coverage, are some services excluded?
- Do I need a pre-authorization?
- Is this clinician In or OUT of network? (Coverage may vary)
- Do I have a deductible for this service?
- Do I have a co-insurance or co-pay?
- How many sessions per contract year does my plan cover?
Private PayWe accept clients based on private pay for those who do not have access to private or public insurance for ABA. Because ABA service require a team of professional working together (Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), Behavior Technician (BT), clinical director, etc.) and many behind the scenes activities we offer our private pay rates based on hours bundles. ABA requires one-on-one direct intervention services completed by a BT, supervision at a rate of at least 10% of direct intervention hours by the BCBA, and regular, ongoing assessment, treatment review, and staff and family training to provide the most effective outcome. Client rates will be bundled in 10-, 15-, or 20-hour packages per week and will include all the services needed to support those clients for the identified hours of treatment.
AssessmentsOur Board Certified Behavior Analysts conducts skills assessments to understand your child’s specific needs: his or her language development, practical life skills, ability to generalize learning, and more. We also conduct functional behavior assessments and analyses for children and adults with challenging behaviors.
ResourcesUnited Healthcare Children’s Foundation: Grant Eligibility Requirements | UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation (uhccf.org)
Autism Alliance of Michigan: Autism Alliance of Michigan – Help. Hope. Answers. Today.