Dear Residents, Families, Employee-Owners, and External Providers,
We want to assure you that our team at Eisenhower Center is facing the COVID-19 pandemic with our foremost measures of protection, prevention, and healthcare provisions while cultivating our spirit of compassion and unity. These times are frightening and unpredictable, but we hope all of you may feel a lesser degree of anxiety after being fully informed of how Eisenhower is facing this crisis head on. Our residents remain our first priority in tandem with the safety of our staff so they can continue supporting your loved ones.
When the pandemic began reaching Michigan, our caregivers and administration jumped into action to follow county and state health regulations as well as those of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We halted all community outings and new admissions and enforced a NO VISITORS policy. In addition, Eisenhower is stringently maintaining the following measures:
- 16-hour front gate security & 24-hour monitoring for unauthorized access to campus
- Daily assessments of staff members before they start their shift (taking temperature, etc.)
- Expanded housekeeping rotations on every unit, in every room
- Daily use of masks, gloves, and disinfectants among staff and residents
- Frequent 20-second handwashing for residents and staff throughout the day/evening
- Technology interventions so residents may connect with loved ones
- Disallowing unit-to-unit traffic unless absolutely necessary
- Social distancing – Safe recreation practices to keep our clients hopeful and entertained (outdoor walks, on-unit games/crafts/talent shows, scavenger hunts via car, music engagement, and much more)
- Front gate drop-off for all mail, food, and essential deliveries
- Daily rounds to each unit by our Nursing Director and her staff
- Regulated, scheduled mealtimes for each unit to maintain safety in the dining hall
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your loved one’s designated program coordinator or contact us at 734-677-0070.
Thank you for your ongoing support, prayers, and faith in our Eisenhower family. We will keep you informed of any new recommendations and significant updates, and we will continue fostering compassion and encouragement for your loved ones while protecting their safety and health.
John Cornack, CEO
More resources for your benefit: