Eisenhower Outpatient Therapy Solutions is proud to offer comprehensive Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Assessment and Testing services for children and adults. The assessment process includes a comprehensive clinical interview (focusing on developmental history, academic history, family history and vocational history – if applicable), tests of attention, executive functioning and impulse control and screening for other relevant disorders.
ADHD is a neurodevelopmental disorder that can occur in children and adults. ADHD has three core symptoms:
- Poor listening skills
- Misplacing or losing important items such as a phone, keys or wallet
- Becoming distracted by non-essential or unimportant things
- Forgetting daily activities such as appointments, schedules
- Limited attention span
- Difficulty completing tasks or following instructions
- Poor attention to detail/making careless mistakes
- Difficulty sitting still/fidgeting
- Always “on the go”
- Unable to engage in leisure activities (such as not sitting through a movie)
- Overly talkative
- Difficult time waiting your turn
- Interrupting or intruding into others’ conversations or activities
- Impulsively blurting out answers
ADHD Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Assessment services
These symptoms are pervasive and can affect work, home, school and social settings. Many people experience some inattention, unfocused motor activity or impulsivity, but for people with ADHD, these symptoms are often more severe, can occur more often and can affect their performance at school, work and in social situations. ADHD affects millions of children and adults.
If these symptoms sound familiar, please reach out for a formal ADHD testing assessment. Results and recommendations will be thoroughly reviewed with you and a comprehensive assessment report will be completed that you can provide to your doctor, psychiatrist or therapist.