In order to recognize and spread awareness about the silent epidemic that is brain injury, Eisenhower Center staff put on a short presentation and got staff engaged by asking them to share their experiences in a sentence or two. The response was overwhelming! Click the attached photos to read responses from some of our wonderful and dedicated team members.
Now it’s your turn!
If you have a brain injury, tell us why you don’t feel alone. If you’re a caregiver, tell us how you help the person you love. If you’re a health care provider, tell us about what your role is in the brain injury community. Share your story with us on social media using the hashtag #NOTALONEINBRAININJURY
Then, take a moment to read a few quick facts about brain injury posted below, and share them with friends and family who may not know. Visit www.biausa.org for more information about brain injury.
- Did you know males are 1.5 times more likely to sustain a brain injury?
- Did you know over 1,400,000 people sustain a brain injury each year?
- Did you know falls are the leading cause of brain injury?
- Motor vehicles are the second leading cause
- Did you know adolescents under 19 years old are at the highest risk for a brain injury?
- Did you know after sustaining a brain injury (like a concussion), you are 3x more likely to experience
a second brain injury?